Saturday, July 27, 2013

Moths, and more buterflies

This post has some very cool moth photos, as well as a few more butterflies.  The moths are, well - they're just cool.  but since I only really find them on the porch in the morning if a leave the porch light on, they aren't very artistic.  Just neat photos of cool moths. 

I think the butterfly photos have more "artistic" qualities, even though I wouldn't know an artistic quality if it bit me in the ass.  I'm having more fun with the butterflies using different lighting techniques and various focal points.  Some accidental, some on purpose.  Oh well.

I just received a new 50-300 mm zoom lens for my camera, so I expect to be posting this stuff for a long time to come.

And - I actually went fishing last week, and caught a few fish.  I WILL post that rare event!

Enjoy!




                                  This is probably my favorite moth - reminds me of a bat









3 comments:

Bill said...

Very nice! I thought the same about the bat moth before I even read your comment. lol

cofisher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cofisher said...

Joe, I don't know whether to blame you or the camera, but those are some beautiful photographs.

By the way, I got a call from RMNP the other night and and she misses you.