Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Slice of Heaven

All you bloggers located in the Rockies know how fortunate you are to live there.  Those of us who only get out there occasionally are constantly stunned by its beauty.  Although I've been going out to RMNP for over 25 years it continues to captivate me.   I got a chance to do a little fishing with my brother a few weeks ago, and the following are some of the pictures.

And, in an interesting quirk of fate, the final evening we were out there, we stayed with teh aunt and uncle of my brother's wife.  Drove there  via GPS instructions, so I had some idea of where we were on the Front Range, but not really.  As we were getting ready to call it a night, with an early AM flight, I asked our hosts  "Are we anywhere near Superior?"  Ken looked at me with a surprised look and said "yeah - about 2 miles that way", pointing west.  Our hosts live on what used to be Coal Creek Golf Course in Louisville.

Sorry Howard - next time I'll know better!!!


















7 comments:

cofisher said...

Colorado Rocky Mountain High...the pictures are beautiful and sure shows why I love it out here. It's okay that you didn't call Joe...I wouldn't have answered anyway. ;) it's been a bummer not having you and Rebecca around, but I'm glad you did get out here. Maybe next year!

cofisher said...

p.s. If there is anything we bloggers can do to resurrect OBN, please let me or one of know. You guys are missed terribly.

Mark Kautz said...

Nice photo's Joe. One of these days I'm going to get out to Colorado.

Juan said...

Breathtaking! RMNP is definitely on my fly fishing bucket list!!

Atlas said...

Phenomenal pictures! Very very impressed. You are quite talented.

Loomis Dude said...

I wish I had just a sliver of the talent you do in taking pictures. You are making me want to head to CO.

larryb said...

Wow! A beautiful set of photographs Wolfy. Thank you for sharing them with us. :) lb